Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Veterinarian  
Duties And Responsibilities: Veterinarians examine, diagnose and treat animals. They can prescribe and administer animal medications. Another thing they mainly do is take cell and tissue sample and perform diagnostic tests. They can also perform surgery on animals.  
Salary: The median annual salary for a veterinarian is $88,490. Many things affect this number such as location, experience and school. 
Related imageEducation: A pre-veterinary bachelors degree is required. Coursework in this degree includes animal biology, genetics, chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physics and animal nutrition. Then they must attend one of the 28 AVMA accredited schools to earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Then they must get licensed by the state. 
Demand for this career: The job growth from 2014-2024 is an expected 9%.  
Reflection: Do you think you would like to one? Why? Why not?  
I would like to be one. This is a job that really interests me. I like it because I would like to work with animals. There is a passion that I have for it so I do have interest in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment