Monday, May 1, 2017

Student Success Statement  
"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor'. I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is no possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circleNo, never. I'd die first." 
Image result for karl g maeser word of honorI think what this mean is that nothing will cause for his word of honor to change. Meaning,if he is not asked to give his word of honor he can do anything. Such as escaping a jail cell. Like the example he gave. He can escape. Although, as soon as he is asked to give his word that changes. Nothing will ever make his word change. Once we give our word of honor nothing must change that. We are promising something. Our word and promise must be something priceless, something that cannot change our word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment